What You Will Learn
Here are the big ideas you will learn about in this lesson:
- Food provides the energy and nutrients our bodies need to function.
- Certain foods are a better source of energy and nutrients than others.
- Eating poorly can result in harmful health effects, including disease.
You will be using many reading and writing strategies to complete this lesson. The key strategies that you will focus on are:
- Making connections
- Determining important information
- Categorizing basic facts and ideas
- Constructing summaries
Read these words and their definitions. When you see them in the lesson, you can click on them to read the definition again.