In this lesson, you have learned about the Columbian Exchange and its impact on the world. You will now write an essay that shares what you have learned and what you think about it.
Foods that were native to the Americas now feed the world.
Final Assignment Instructions
Begin by reviewing your notes. Click "My Work" above and view or print out the screen. Then:
- Choose one of the topics below and write an essay.
- Organize your response so that it includes at least three supporting details that you have learned from the reading passage, video, and other materials in this lesson.
- Use at least three vocabulary words (or a form of the words) as part of your supporting details. For example, for the word jump, you could use jumps, jumped, or jumping.
- The Atlantic Ocean once kept the Americas separated from the rest of the world. After Columbus, the ocean was like a highway connecting the Americas to Europe, Asia, and Africa. What was exchanged? How did the Columbian Exchange change life for people on these continents? Use at least three examples to support your ideas
- Describe some of the long-term effects of the Columbian Exchange. Explain which effects you consider positive and which you consider negative, and why. Use at least three examples to support your ideas
Click Write It to get started. You’ll be able to write your answer online here, put in a link to share what you write in another online document, or upload a file.